They say local is lekker and this week, we bless your taste buds with this succulent South African Original Recipe. Enjoy.
- 250 g chorizo sausage (spicy Spanish sausage)
- 500 g boerewors (farmer’s sausage), cut into 6 cm pieces
- 1 x 425 g can baked beans in tomato sauce
- olive oil, if required
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, finely chopped
- 15 ml garlic, finely grated
- 20 ml smoked (or plain) paprika
- 5 – 10 ml cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 10 ml cumin seeds
- 1 x 425 g can chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml prepared chicken stock
- salt and freshly-milled black pepper and sugar, to taste
Some soul food prepared in Southern style.
Tip: Use meat of your choice to make this wholesome country hot pot.
100 Gram Butternut, cubed
450 Gram Baby potatoes, halved
400 Millilitre water
500 Gram Lamb knuckles
15 Millilitre oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
75 Gram Broccoli florets
2 Millilitre Chopped rosemary
There are so many variations of pizza out there… thin base, deep pan, stuffed crust, or even with a polenta or naan bread base. But by rolling it up and cutting it into swirls it makes it perfect for a packed lunch or picnic.
Enjoy a healthy and filling meal without guilt.
8 ounces whole-wheat linguine
1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
3/4 cup fresh orange juice (from 2 to 3 oranges)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
1 large bunch watercress (about 3 cups), tough ends trimmed, washed and well-dried
2 cans tuna (6 ounces each), packed in oil and drained
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together orange zest, juice, oil, vinegar, mustard, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt. Add watercress and pasta, toss to combine. Scatter tuna over the top and sprinkle with red-pepper flakes if desired; serve