Do you ever wonder how a goddess tastes like? Thanks to www.heartfoundation.co.za, we know how a Goddess tastes like.
We tried this recipe and we can assure you that it tastes like heaven, kids love it and moms just can’t get enough.
- 250 g shell noodles or other small pasta shapes
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sunflower oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) prepared mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 green or red pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen whole kernel corn or peas, rinsed
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh parsley or coriander
- black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add pasta and salt. Cook until tender and drain well.
- Meanwhile mix the oil, mustard, lemon juice and sugar.
- Pour half of this dressing over the warm pasta and mix through. Allow to cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients with the pasta and dressing and season with pepper.
- When in season, an avocado is delicious in this salad.
- You can add left-over chicken or tuna for a light meal.
- This salad can be made with 2 cups cooked brown rice instead of pasta.