Winter is with us and temperatures have dropped to an all time low. It’s still good time to be busy in the garden. Here’s how to maintain a perfect kitchen garden, even in winter.
- Add compost and mulch to all beds.
- Examine your soil and add lime if required.
- Divide bushy, overgrown perennials such as winter savoury.
- Keep sowing in warm areas season crops.
- For new sage and rosemary bushes, spread plants now by layering.
- Continue sowing winter seeds and seedlings.
- Frequently folia spray all vegetables with seaweed.