Preparation time: 30 minutes + time for marinating
Cooking time: 5 minutes
You will need:
- 250g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 100g mini rosa tomatoes, halved
- 200ml olive oil
- 100ml white balsamic
- 30ml lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large brinjal, sliced
- 1 packet salad mix (rocket, watercress and baby spinach)
- 5 baby potatoes, boiled and quartered
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mix the vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the mushrooms and tomatoes and set aside in the refrigerator for at least one hour, stirring every half hour or so.
- Heat a grill pan until it is smoking hot and fry the brinjal slices for 2 minutes on each side, or until they have dark grill lines and are soft.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a serving plate and add the tomatoes and grilled brinjals.
- Sprinkle the marinated mushrooms and tomatoes over the salad and drizzle with marinade.
Hints and tips:
Serve the salad while the brinjals and potatoes are still warm, heat the marinated mushrooms in a pan for a warm salad.
If you don’t have time to marinate your mushrooms, use the marinated mushrooms available at Woolworths.