If you are a mom, you can help your toddler preparer this special gift for their dad. This will benefit you, your toddler and ‘dad’! Think about creating a gift bag for him.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
- Plain white paper plates
- Thick knitting yarn in bright colours
- One-hole paper punch
- Ornamental clippers (optional) or scissors
- Attractive materials
WHAT TO DO:
- Arrange plates by cutting the top one third from half the plates with the clippers or scissors. These will become the front of the gift bag.
- Write on the front of the complete plate your toddlers name, the school name, the date, and the occasion. Ensure that the writing will be seen when the plate is assembled.
- Give the children their set of plates, and have them decorate the back of each plate. Decorative ideas can be as simple as handprints drawn with crayons; glued on sparkles, macaroni and ribbons, and even digitized photos of the children cut into heart shapes and glued to the front. Have children glue a six-inch loop of wool for a handle to the flipside top of what will be the back plate.
- Set plates aside until all the glue and paint has dried, then pass the plates back to the children. Give them an appropriate length of thread and show them how to match up the holes, and thread the wool through the holes.
- They should leave enough on both the left and right side of the plate for a looped knot to be tired, ensuring the plates stay together.
- Stuff the finished bags with appropriate material such as Father’s Day cards, poems flowers or other trinkets.
- Apart from this suggested father’s day celebration ideas there are number of things, which you can do on this occasion. You can come up with other new ideas; he is your only dad after all!