Time: 5 minutes plus 24 hours to infuse
- 1 bottle robust red wine, preferably malbec
- 1/2 cup black raisins, more for garnish
- Peel from 1/2 lemon, in strips
- 5 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 8 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks, more for garnish
- 6 tablespoons turbinado or Demerara sugar, or to taste
- 4 ounces cachaça.
How To Make:
- In a large glass or plastic container, combine wine, raisins, lemon peel and spices. Cover with lid or plastic wrap and let sit for 24 hours. Before serving, place mixture in a heavy saucepan over low heat until warm.
- Add sugar, and stir till dissolved. Add cachaça and turn off heat. Strain and serve in small cups, garnished with raisins and cinnamon, broken into small sticks.
Yield: 6 to 8 drinks